“Bunkers” is the fuel energy used by a ship. This can include different grades and types of fuel oil used for different purposes. It can also include coal. In charterparties, there are a number of clauses dealing with bunkers. BIMCO has issued, supported or recommended certain “Bunker clauses” that should be inserted in charterparties. These are listed below:
- BIMCO Bunker Shortage Clause for Voyage Chartering 1974
- BIMGO Bunker Shortage Clause for Time Chartering 1974
- BIMCO Bunker Shortage Clause for Bills of Lading 1974
- BIMCO Bunker Rise Clause for Voyage Chartering 1974
- BIMCO Bunker Supply and Payment Clause for Voyage Charters (Tank Vessels)
- FONASBA Bunker Variable Clause.